Friday, July 3, 2009

Enjoying the summer

I'm totally loving that Jonny is home for the summer! I'm taking advantage of the sun, Jonny's help, and extra time we have by keeping busy this summer. Earlier this week, we went to the coast. It was so hot here in Albany, so I was picturing a nice day at the ocean building sand castles with the boys. I was so wrong. I've lived here long enough that I should know the coast is almost always cold and windy. It's nothing like the California beaches I used to play on as a little girl. I miss that. I was so lucky to have that fun experience growing up. We were always at the beach or the river. I want my boys to experience that fun too! Anyway, I don't have pictures of our day at the coast, and it's probably just as well because it wasn't much fun. However, we did end up going to OSU's Hatfield Marine Science Museum, and that was pretty fun.

Wednesday we went to the waterfront in Corvallis to play in the big water fountains. That was great fun, but, again, I forgot the camera! The boys were adorable! I guess that was just a memory for Mommy & Daddy. We brought a stroller for Noah & packed Eli's bike in the trunk, so after getting soaking wet in the fountains we went for a walk/bike ride on the waterfront. It was a beautiful day!

Then, yesterday we went to Salem to do some shopping, and afterward we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Yum yum! I recommend the chicken Alfredo pizza- its delicious! Eli was pushing his feet on the table all through dinner, despite our constant reminders not to. Right before we got our bill, CRASH! Eli's chair, (which is on wheels... yeah, imagine the momentum he picked up) smacked down backwards on the ground. Sitting across from Eli, I looked in horror to see his chair flipped over and his legs sticking up in the air. Then came to blood curdling scream, followed by loud wails, stairs from strangers, and a visit by the restaurant manager. He did get a bump on the back of his head, but about three minutes later Eli was laughing and giddy over his ice cream sunday- compliments of Olive Garden. They even offered us an Olive Garden gift card, but we assured them it wasn't their fault. We'll see if he ever pushes against the table like that again... well, it might be worth it if you get a free ice cream sunday out of it! :)

No comments: