Sunday, February 10, 2008

Marshall Baby, Doctor Visit & No Driver's Ed

The Marshall baby is finally here! Congratulations to Eric & Lacey! Ethan Jude Marshall was welcomed into the world this morning @ 11:08 am (my birth moment!), weighing in at 7.10. Born on Aunt Amy's birthday!! Rian's going to be a great big brother & helper. We are excited to meet our new nephew. :)

As for our baby, I had a doctor appointment last Tuesday after bible study. I met one of the new midwives Samaritan hired since Eli was born. (Eli's newborn picture was posted in the room I was in- I can't believe he was ever that small!) I felt so relieved after my visit. Baby's heart beat was btwn 120 & 130, which she said was normal for boys. A couple months ago when the heart beat was in the 150's it was, apparently, an active time for him, but I couldn't feel him move yet. She also told me that the 20 week ultrasound results showed he measured exactly where he should be & all his organs looked just right. Remember the post about the twin scare? Well, that second sac (subchorionic bleed) is finally gone. Lastly, she said I gained 7 lbs since my last visit, so that was really, really good! I'm so glad I'm finally gaining weight! Eli was so tired from playing in the nursery w/ his friends all morning that he fell asleep in the car as we left the parking lot of church. He was so zonked out that he slept through my entire appointment. I carried him in, handed him to a nurse while I was weighed, laid him in a chair w/ his legs hanging off the edge while I met w/ the doctor & carried him back to the car- he slept through it all!

And finally, off topic... Jonny decided not to do Driver's Ed this year. We have too much going on, & the training he would have had to take in order to teach Driver's Ed this summer was three weekends (Friday evening- Sunday evening) in February & three weekends in April IN PORTLAND, along w/ a couple projects. I thought it was a very wise decision, considering how Jonny works most Saturdays, teaches the 4th & 5th graders for second service every other Sunday, goes to Wednesday night church (I work in the wobbler room every other week), we have home group every other Sunday evening AND he's a husband & dad. The time he'd make up for lost work hours would be cutting into our already limited family time. Although the extra money would be nice, it’s just not worth it- maybe next year will be more flexible for Driver's Ed.

No comments: