Eli has been sick w/ a cold off & on for a month now. Last week it was back in full force along with this weird diaper rash that turned into these strange little bumps that look like warts right at the tip of his tailbone. I took him to the doctor last Monday b/c we can't seem to break this cold & this weird butt infection won't go away either. The doctor checked for an ear infection- finding that his ear was filled w/ fluid, but not swollen or red yet. He said it may not turn into an infection. (I was a little doubtful b/c Jonny got tons of bad ear infections as a kid.) Anyway, he also gave me some ointment for Eli's butt infection.
On Wednesday I was leaving for Wednesday night church & Jonny was staying home w/ runny nose Eli. Just as I was leaving Jonny saw Eli put his hands down his pants to itch his butt infection. (I had just changed his diaper & put ointment on him) The next rational thing for a baby to do is to stick his fingers in his eyes! Eli started screaming & crying. We flushed out his eye w/ water & sat him down w/ some food... he was fine. I left.
I came home right before 9pm to find Eli screaming in Jonny's arms & Jonny on the phone w/ the doctor. Our doctor wasn't on call, so we got someone else who couldn't speak English very well. Eli's eye was red & swollen. He was so upset, but calmed down once I grabbed him. The doctor told Jonny we should go to the ER. Off we went...
When we finally saw a doctor, he visited us for a few short minutes & concluded Eli had pink eye. We even brought the ointment & explained the situation, but he was sure it was pink eye. He also checked Eli's ear which was now bright red & inflammed. They sent us home w/ eye drops & antibiotics for Eli's ear. The eye drops were HORRIBLE to put in his eyes. We had to hold him down & pry open each eye for 2 drops w/ him screaming. I felt awful!
I called Becky crying on the phone. "My poor baby has a cold, a butt infection, an ear infection & now an eye infection & I'm trying to deal w/ my morning sickness & Jonny doesn't have time to take care of us b/c he's so busy w/ work. " (emotional moment)
Good news...
*Eli's cold cleared up the next day
*Eli never seemed bothered by the ear infection
*We stopped giving him the eye drops b/c everything I read about pink eye symptoms, Eli did not have.
Bad news...
*My morning sickness was TERRIBLE on Friday, but Jonny came home from work to take care of us :)
*Jonny is now catching a cold.
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into verious trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." ~James 1:2-3
No comments:
Post a Comment